Sunday, August 5, 2012

where did my summer go?

so today it all came crashing down on me. 

the realization, i mean. i didn't mean to be so dramatic. i'm really not a drama queen.

two and a half weeks left of work.

two and a half weeks until i'm in utah for kara's wedding.

three weeks until i'm back in california for a few days, and i get to see walker play football for the first time ever. he started playing when i started college and i've never been able to see him play. stinkin excited about that.

three and a half weeks until i'm in utah again.

one month until i fly out of salt lake to paris.

what?! 

where did my summer go? 

i feel like i was just in provo with the rooms taking finals and playing and packing. like i just got home. like cammie and jake just got married. like we were just at the fair for the fourth of july. like i was just in l.a. with my family. like i'm ready to go but at the same time not quite. 

because, i mean, really.

where did my summer go?

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to comment...but your roommate post was really quite precious. We all enjoyed it on this side of the world! Lots of smiles! But I agree! We head to the airport Wednesday night...super crazy! Have a fun month...see you soon! love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling all too well! I just finished summer school today and it breaks my heart a little that I only get two weeks and then it's back to the grind again.....but really I can't WAIT to see ya!

    ReplyDelete