Monday, November 28, 2011

a tribute to miss riss + the most awkward moment of my life

today is marissa's birthday. i've decided that on the birthdays of people who are important to me, i'll write tributes to that person. it's a fun way to be grateful for them! i might throw in a few other things, too.

1. that guy at sugar and spice
for riss's birthday lunch, we decided to get ice cream from sugar and spice. this guy told us we were beautiful. that was a nice thing to say to riss on her birthday.

now on to the important stuff. like all the things i love about marissa.

2. how loving she is
marissa is the nicest and most genuine person i have ever met. that is no exaggeration. i can't tell you how many times she has forgiven me for the stupid things i do. like today, for example. when i forgot it was her birthday. that was bad of me. but even though i had forgotten, she just smiled at me and said, "it's okay! i love you!" and i knew she really meant it. she never judges me, or anyone for that matter. i guarantee you will never meet someone as genuine as marissa.

3. how funny she is
miss riss likes to do funny things. we all like that she does funny things. sometimes she crawls under tables at chili's during her birthday dinner and gets stuck. and we take pictures of it. and she laughs and we laugh. sometimes she turns into a little "help-help" and hides under becca's bed. sometimes she says things that she doesn't know are funny until we all burst out laughing. sometimes we like to be baby dinosaurs together. all of the time she makes me smile.

4. her selflessness
marissa is always thinking of other people. one time last year when we had cleaning checks, i got home from campus late for one reason or another, and i was behind on my jobs. when i walked in the door, marissa had already started on my jobs for me, even though she wasn't even finished with hers because she wanted to help me. for christmas last year, she secretly (and i don't know how she did it because it's next to impossible to keep secrets in a dorm) made us all pajama pants! i don't know how she does it, but she is such a good example to me of putting others first.

5. being one of my best friends
i know that no matter what, marissa will love me. even if i sing happy birthday to her at the top of my lungs while we're walking across campus, she will love me. i'm so glad that she is one of my best friends :)

I LOVE YOU MISS RISS!!

here are a few photos from our birthday dinner at chili's:

riss and her free shake from chili's. happy birthday!

lindsey just smacking riss's booty when she was stuck.

it's...whatever. really. don't worry about it.

just a little birthday love at chili's. ignore how annoying my voice is.


oh ps. the most awkward moment of my life? yeah. that happened today.

so it's like 11:45. there's a knock on the door. i answer it. it's some random guy standing outside my door, under some mistletoe. we proceed to have a very awkward conversation about the christmas season and how great it is. he's fidgeting. i want to hide in my room. a voice shouts from around the corner "ARE YOU GONNA KISS HIM OR WHAT?!" i freak out momentarily but remain calm on the outside (at least, that's how the story in my head goes). he says, "you can close the door. i won't be offended. just a little disappointed." i tell him "i don't really kiss guys i don't know...but i'll give you a handshake!" (a HANDSHAKE? i'm telling you people, i am SO good at being awkward.) i shake his hand under the mistletoe. we say goodnight. i close the door. and that was that. merry christmas! :)

1 comment:

  1. This happened to Steven! A random girl knocked on the door and told him, under the mistletoe, that she needed a kiss. He kissed her on the cheek. We harassed him for not going all the way with it.

    ReplyDelete