Tuesday, November 22, 2011

i love you, california

it seems that all my flights through the salt lake airport at thanksgiving are ill fated. last year involved the "snow storm of the century." that's in quotations because it wasn't really. but it did delay my flight for oh...just 8 hours. this year heather and i drove to the airport with plenty of time, but because of some mysterious incident, we were almost late. at the airport, we were trying to get to the economy parking, but for some reason, police were everywhere and kept routing us in circles around the airport. no one was at liberty to tell us what was happening. it was very stressful. ha. however, i did make it to my flight right as we were boarding. once again, i was blessed enough to make it to california for thanksgiving. and yes, if you were wondering, that means that i am posting this from my grandparent's house in southern california :)

today i am grateful for:

1. heather
she gave me a ride to the airport. we handle stressful situations well together. we both love california. we love our families. sometimes we love each other. sometimes. haha. no, we really do though. i'm grateful that she is my roommate and one of my best friends.

2. gum
i am grateful for gum because it helps me pop my ears on airplanes.

3. small children
i mean this in the least creepy way possible. they just make me smile! there were two little kids on my flight named griffin and phoenix. they helped the stewards pass out pretzels to us and when they finished, the entire flight gave them a round of applause. it just made me smile.

4. my aunt carrie
today my aunt carrie picked me up from the lax airport. i love that lady! we had a great time talking the entire car ride to my grandparent's house. we often find ourselves having hilarious conversations. she's great.

5. in-n-out buger
yeah. i'm an in-n-out kind of girl. i had a real in-n-out burger today from la. it was awesome.

6. diet coke
i'm grateful for diet coke because it kept me awake during my flight. if you fall asleep while sitting next to someone you don't know...awkward things are bound to happen. i know. from experience. (last february, i fell asleep on my flight. when i woke up, my head was on the shoulder of the guy next to me. he had been hitting on me the whole flight. he was 32. i was 18. awkward.)

7. my grandparents :)
my grandparents are the best. when i walked in the door, i got big hugs from both of them. i get to sleep in the hollywood bed at their house. i got to eat some of their fudge. they offered me pizza from costco. they told me stories. they gave me more hugs. cj and ed are the best!

8. last but not least, california
i love my home state. so much. i'm so happy to be here. not that i don't love utah. i'm just slightly biased towards california. but really, who wouldn't be? :)

i found this on pinterest. i found it appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. Awww :) I love you too, Sydney Hughes!! I'm grateful for you!! I'm glad that everything worked out with our flights and that we were both able to get home as planned. I'm also glad that you didn't fall asleep on another creepy man...that would have been very unfortunate. Have a wonderful time in LA!! :)

    ReplyDelete