Monday, November 21, 2011

"today is a beautiful day and yellow really is the happiest color!"

today:

1. my weather finger
when i was a senior in high school, my friend accidentally broke my finger (it's a long story involving homecoming and a family of mice). it's never been the same. but it's great because i can always tell when a storm is coming! like today. i totally knew a storm was coming because my finger hurt last night. and do you know what? it definitely rained today.

2. my unicorn shirt
i bought a shirt at forever 21 that has unicorns all over it. today was a stressful day, so i knew that i would need the power of the unicorn. (don't judge me, okay? you would need it, too.) i wore the infamous unicorn shirt and i got compliments on it all day.

my horn can pierce the sky! -the office

3. lunch time
today i got lunch with heather and becca. it was a really nice break from studying and fun to talk to them for a little while. i also got to see marissa for little bit. and lindsey. i miss amber. i love my old roommates!


the girls of eighty-four

yup. i love this.

4. missionary letters
over the past year and a half, i've had the opportunity to write to friends as they serve missions for the lds church. today i got a letter from my friend austin who is serving in frankfurt, germany. he is one of those people who is just amazing. right before he left on his mission, he said, "world, you'd better be ready, we're about to bring you a whole lot of happiness because life has never been better than it is today." i loved that because it's so true. in his letter to me today, he drew me a picture that made me smile really big.

"hi ms. hughes! today is a beautiful day and yellow really is the happiest color!"

5. karen's music
when i went to canada, i learned to appreciate country music. we had three cds for our 12 drive there and our 12 hour drive back. and one of those cds only had one song on it. so...i learned to appreciate country music quickly. karen has been playing it while we're all packing, and it's making me happy. we're listening to crazy girl and i like it. the music video is funny. but i like the song.

5. I'M GOING HOME TOMORROW
this one is self explanatory. i get to see some of my family tomorrow, and my parents and brother on wednesday. i'm seriously bouncing up and down right now because i am so excited to go to los angeles for thanksgiving! my roommates and i are yelling and laughing and jumping and being happy! HOORAY!!

remember, in the words of austin van camp, today is a beautiful day and yellow really is the happiest color!

No comments:

Post a Comment