Thursday, November 24, 2011

always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name

happy thanksgiving! the best day of the year! (or one of them, at least.) it's the day when my family eats so much food we can't breathe. it's the day we eat so much food we can't even HEAR. it's the day we spend all of our time together. it's the day we spend laughing together. it's the day we give thanks together. here are a few of the things that i'm grateful for on this holiday.

1. my family
i don't think i have the words to explain how grateful i am for my family. related or not. (we all have those family members that aren't really related to us, but we love them just as much.) they mean everything to me, and i am so glad that i was born into the hughes family. i think the closest i can get to explaining it is this avett brothers quote.

so glad that i'm a hughes :)

ps the avett brothers are one of my favorite groups. this song is called 'murder in the city,' if you were wondering.

2. food
we ate so much food. like i said. we're so full we can't hear. but i'm grateful for the food we were able to eat, and that we had enough. and that we always have enough.

basically the story of our thanksgiving.
3. thanksgiving antics
there are too many to number...but they include brady spraying whipped cream on my face, my brother sticking a crystal glass in his mouth, and me winning an old mango scented candle. and eating lots and lots of pie. (have i mentioned that i love pie? well i do. even more than cake.)

we hugheses have big mouths.

yeah. this just got blogged.

4. my education
i think i take my education for granted sometimes. i am so blessed to have completed a high school education and to be at byu. as much as i complain about snow, i really do love being there. and i love going to school. yes, it's true, i'm a nerd. but i really do love it.


my first day of college in 2010 :)


5. the gospel
i am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. i'm grateful to be a member of the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints. i'm grateful that on my mom's side, my ancestors were among the first people in europe to accept and join the church, and that it has been passed down through the generations so faithfully. i'm grateful that my dad, his sisters, and my grandparents joined the church. i'm grateful for the changes they made in their lives so that i could be here. i'm grateful for a loving heavenly father and savior.

6. the christmas season!
now i know some of you are going to laugh at me. but. i. love. christmas. everything about it. i love the lights. i love the music. i love the atmosphere. it's the joy and the family and the hot cocoa and the christmas trees and the sparkling lights and remembering the birth of the savior. i am so excited that it's officially the christmas season! 

some of my friends last year at temple square in salt lake city. the lights are the best at christmas!

i hope you've all had a wonderful thanksgiving today! (well, i guess yesterday. it's after midnight here...whoops!) i'm grateful for this holiday and the chance it gives us to reflect on all the blessings in our lives. happy thanksgiving! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment