Friday, November 25, 2011

how would you like to be my next...uhh...president?

happy black friday! here's my list:

1. talents
some of my talents include 'eating a lot of peanut m&ms,' 'eating a lot of peppermint joe joe's,' 'eating a lot of vegetables,' and 'eating a lot in general.' in the words of my aunt carrie, "eating is one of my greatest accomplishments."

2. uhh...compliments? i think?
today at cvs pharmacy, my aunt carrie and i were looking for christmas lights and other stuff. i ended up buying nail polish. (but really, is anyone surprised? yeah. didn't think so.)anyway. the cashier looked at me and said, "oh, this nail polish is very refined. you must be a very refined woman. you have beautiful eyes. oh, you have very beautiful eyes. how would you like to be my next...uhh...my next...(at this point i was feeling very uncomfortable)...president?" i told him i wouldn't mind and promptly left the store. it was a most excellent awkward moment in my life.

3. the quilt emporium
my aunt lisa owns the quilt emporium. it's the cutest little quilting shop! every summer, i would spend a week here in los angeles and i would work with her there. today we got to stop in and look at some of the changes she's made. it was fun to be there again. i love looking at all the fabrics.


obviously this isn't the entire selection she has...but i liked these patterns.


4. christmas decorations
today in the dollar store i found the garland section. can i just tell you that it made me so happy? see? proof.


garland happy


rudolph the red-nosed...santa?


5. doris day
christmas is not christmas without doris day. well, doris day and bing crosby. but right now, we're discussing doris. ever since i can remember, her christmas album has been played during the christmas season. i think in my mind, the classic song is 'snowfall.' also, 'have yourself a merry little christmas.'


6. laughing until i cry
this is not an uncommon occurrence, but every time it's the best. tonight we played taboo as a family and let me tell you, my mascara was everywhere. it never gets old.


so even though i didn't go shopping today, i hope everyone had a wonderful black friday! here's to tomorrow being equally wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment