Wednesday, August 22, 2012

a little piece of calistoga

the other day i was driving home from the dentist. i had to get a gold crown on my very back molar (which i really love - it's my own little secret, and it makes me a princess because all princesses have gold crowns, right? i so funny.) 

anyway.

on my way home, i saw calistoga jan. so i speedy quick drove home, got my camera, and found him again. i asked him if i could take a few photos, and he happily obliged. he was quite jolly. i was grateful that he was wearing a shirt because sometimes he doesn't do that.

then the very next day, i was at breakfast with my dear sasha. she was leaving the next day (which is today, so that makes the second half of this story yesterday - did that make any sense?) for her journey to lyon, france! she's spending a year there. so exciting. we're going to visit each other.

now back to the story.

so we were sitting at breakfast at café sarafornia and i was telling her about my adventure with jan. not even 30 minutes later we were driving down main street and saw him with his bike. and i happened to have my camera. so we got out and gretchen (sasha's mom) snapped a few photos of us.

it was such a happy thing.

jan and the bike. v for victory.

this bike is a celebration of life. 11 years ago, jan had open heart surgery and has been riding his bike ever since.

"do you want to see my space hat?"
these are jan's glitter sandals...i'm pretty sure he and i are kindred spirits. he made them himself.
found him after breakfast.
sasha and i in the space hat.
sasha on the bike




celebration of life. in everything give thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment