Monday, July 9, 2012

purple pants

today, dear readers, is a sad day.

yes, today is the day that i am laying my purple pajama pants to rest.

they were such the best pants.

a little over a year and a half ago, i was traveling home from provo for thanksgiving break. i needed that break soooo bad. freshman year threw me a couple of doozies and all i wanted was a huge hug from my momsie and my popsicle. 

and, as luck would have it, just as my plane was moving from our gate to the runway, a blizzard hit. i was stuck at the airport for over 8 hours waiting for the snow to clear up. and there was a definite possibility that i wouldn't be able to get home at all. and i was not exactly the happiest camper.

FINALLY my plane took off the ground. and it was all i could do to not cry.

when my dad picked me up in oakland, it all came out. yay for crying in airports. there was just too much stress built up for one little girl to handle.

this story has a happy ending, though. on the way home, i realized that i had forgotten pajama pants. my dad and i pulled over at some target along the way and i picked out this pair of slightly-too-large purple pajama pants. and then i had a wonderful weekend with my family.

those pants quickly became my favorite. and here i am, a year and a half later, with them sitting on the floor, feeling sad because they are now threadbare.  this is not an exaggeration.

so i think it's time to retire them. which poses a problem, because i only brought two pairs of pajama pants home with me and now both of them shouldn't be worn (the other have holes...). 

perhaps my purple pants have a few more wears.

or perhaps it's time to go shopping :)

ahh, my sweet purple pants. thank you for all of the comfort you have provided me.
i wasn't kidding when i said they were threadbare.

2 comments:

  1. Syd. You win for having the oddest blog posts. This post is like an ode to your pants. I think you will be ok. Life goes on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I loved those pants, okay? How would you feel if your plaid victoria's secret pajamas suddenly were no longer wearable? I bet you'd write a blog post about them, too. Or...maybe not. But you would feel sad. Haha.

      Delete