Friday, July 6, 2012

i did a cockamamie thing, sydney rose

two weekends ago, i came home from wherever i was to my parents sitting on the couch.

they kept giggling and finally my mom said,

"i did a cockamamie thing, sydney rose."

i asked her what she did.

she bought me a plane ticket to los angeles.

see, my family was going to los angeles to see my dad's family. walker was going on trek and they were going to visit my aunts and uncle and cousin and grandparents. and i was going to stay home because of work.

then i found out that i had two days off in a row. and my mama bought me a plane ticket.

so on wednesday i drove to la with my family and flew home on thursday night.

it was a great 24 hours with my family. 

we ate food, fought flies, and learned about our family. 

i got the chance to interview my grandparents about their marriage and learned about their parents, too. it was fun to listen to them talk and learn more about them.

i also scored a sa-weet sweater and a gold sparkling wallet.

i love my family.

this book changed my life on the drive to los angeles. i'm pretty sure i'm still not okay. in a good way, of course.

a dust tornado

tay'lor green in the back of a van with a skateboard, fit perfectly for the heel of his sperry's

grandpa : fly killer extraordinaire

grandpa's giant tomato

los angeles from the plane
grandma gave me this wallet. it was my father's...from his college days. he says it was "for special occasions."

it even has a sweet coin purse inside.

i super love this sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment