Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"when people say secret ingredient, i always suspect it means they secretly sneeze in the food"

1. bakery food
today i told myself i could have whatever i wanted at the bakery. it was my last day there this break, so i let myself go crazy. i had a lot of shortbread...some bouchons (think dense brownies with chocolate chunks)...some hot chocolate with caramel...you know. all the foods necessary to stock up on before i leave. it was very good for my heart. not so good for my body, but oh so good for my heart.

2. going to the temple with cammie
tonight i got to go to the oakland temple with cammie lambie dingie dongie! she was very patient with me on the drive there, since i have a small bladder. she also is an excellent direction giver. we didn't even get lost once! (and that is a miracle, people. we ALWAYS get lost.) it was a very nice time. we also got to walk around and see all the christmas lights. and we went up to the top of the temple and we got to see the twinkly lights on the bay.

3. laughing
i laughed a lot today. i laughed with michelle at the bakery. i laughed with chef matt at the bakery. i laughed with cecy and andrea and jessica and jamie and lots of people at the bakery. i laughed a whoooole lot with cammie. we said dumb things like "stoo dill" instead of "still do" and things like "when people say secret ingredient, i always suspect it means they secretly sneeze in the food."

4. i get to sleep in a little tomorrow
i'm excited for bed. i'm not gonna lie. i got up at 6 am this morning, people. that's early.

5. getting up at 6 am and actually being awake!
so last night, i woke up and was convinced that i had slept forever. i knew it must be time for me to get up, so i looked at my alarm and it was only 1:45! score! i rolled over and went back to bed, and when i woke up, i was totally awake. none of this "ten more minutes. twenty more minutes. well i don't really need to shower today. well i guess i don't have to take time putting on my make up" stuff. it was the real deal. i'm grateful for that!

so here are a few photos i took of some of the christmas decorations at my house. i'm still trying to figure out lighting with my camera...hopefully i get the hang of it haha.

mama's favorite nativity
some entry way elves and an angel with a sparkle wreath around its head



No comments:

Post a Comment