Friday, November 18, 2011

sydney says thank you

this past week, i've been stressed. and when i say "stressed," i really mean "STRESSED!!!!!!!!!" but with a lot more exclamation points. sometimes college makes me feel like this (<--click here)

so today, after i spent 7 hours in the library (really, though, who does that on a friday?), i was walking home, being grumpy about the cold and my assignments and upcoming tests and the fact that i'm running out of hot chocolate mix again and on and on and on. 

then the thought suddenly occurred to me: "sydney, make a list of all the things you are grateful for." 

well, duh! why didn't i think of that forever ago? something i have realized over the years is that it is so much easier for me to be happy when i recognize and am grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

i've decided that blogging will be a fun way for me to say thank you for all the things i am grateful for. i'm going to try to post at least 5 things every day (repeats are allowed). the key word here, people, is try. i also may or may not include photos.

if you are reading my blog and you think of things you are grateful for, feel free to add a comment! i'd love to hear what you're grateful for, too :)

today i'm grateful for:

1. my family
my family is the most important thing in my life. i'm so grateful for parents who love me, a brother who texts me funny stories at 7 am, and for extended family that is absolutely crazy! i'm grateful that families can be together forever, and that i got the best of the best. i'm so excited to see them all next week for thanksgiving!


the fam-bam at the oakland, ca temple
2. my roommates
i love my roommates. i have been so blessed to be in an apartment where there is a family atmosphere. we have so much fun together and we get along so well.
 
3. chocolate chips and chunky peanut butter
seriously. best idea i've ever had. just scoop up some peanut butter, stick some chocolate chips in there, and you have the perfect snack. i've discovered that it is an excellent substitute for peanut butter m&ms and reese's.
 
4. technology
technology lets me talk to my family and friends whenever i want. the other night i got to facetime with my aunt and grandparents who live in los angeles while i'm here in provo! it was fun to see their faces. my grandpa kept saying, "i want to see the technology!" when it was his turn, he said, "well that doesn't look like technology, that looks like sydney!" he's so great.

me and the gramps facetiming it.
5. toothpaste
this may sound kinda silly (okay, really silly), but it is so true! i am thankful for toothpaste. i hate the feeling of fuzzy teeth (you know what i mean, right?) and being worried that my breath smells bad. toothpaste calms my fears. ha. but really, brushing my teeth makes me feel so much better about everything.


6. christmas music
today i've been listening to a little christmas music. i don't care that thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet. it makes me happy, therefore i listen to it. sometimes people make fun of me for it, but i say if it's happy, then why not?


7. weddings
tonight i went to my roommate karen's brother's wedding reception. it was really fun! it just makes me so happy


8. the first snowfall of the year
when we walked out of the reception tonight, it was snowing. at first i was grumpy that it was cold and snowy, but the more i watched it, the more and more excited i got! then i went to my friend annie's apartment and we played in the snow. it was perfect and fluffy and all kinds of happiness.

annie and i in the snow
9. love tap (<--click here!!)
please watch this video. you will die of cute and happiness. the end.


well, folks, i think this is good for a first post. so here's to a new blogging adventure and a happy holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are thankful for! Isn't is great how gratitude works? It makes life so much better when you are stressed! I hope you have a fun time with you family. Oh, and I think I must try the chocolate chips and chunky peanut butter today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for YOU! And lists and love tap and hot chocolate and family at Thanksgiving. Can't wait! Oh, and you may need some larger chocolate chips, just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete