Saturday, November 19, 2011

crunchy leaves and j dawgs, please

today i've got a lot of stuff to say thank you for.

1. crunchy fall leaves
i love leaves that you are perfect for stepping on. they are wonderful and it is so satisfying to feel them crunch beneath your feet.

today heather and i went to j dawgs for lunch. let me just say, i can't go to j dawgs without spilling on myself in some way or another. the first time i went, i discovered their special sauce smeared on my forehead when i got home. i honestly don't know how it happened. today when i got home, there was special sauce all over my pants and sweatshirt. but i don't care. it was so worth it.

seriously, though. how does a person get j dawgs sauce on their ankle??

3. target
heather and i also went to target today. i needed some new face wash...and i ended up getting a few other things... (i think socks with squirrels and hearts on them are completely necessary. don't judge me.) anyway, it's always fun to walk around and look at the fun things they have on sale.

my squirrel socks and a snowflake cup that matches the heart cup i got last year on valentine's day
4. prayer
i love being able to pray to a loving heavenly father who listens to me. i'm grateful that he answers my prayers, even if i don't understand what he is telling me. it's comforting to know that there is someone who listens to and genuinely wants to hear everything i have to say.

5. dates with harold
no, no, no. harold is not my boyfriend. he isn't even a person. well he was. but what i really mean is the harold b. lee library. i'm grateful for the library. it's a quiet place where i can go study and get my homework done. right now it's all decorated for christmas and it makes me happy! so even though i feel lame saying, "i have a date with harold..." i'm grateful for it.

i found this in the section where i like to study. it made me thankful that i don't look like yzma.


6. faire la grasse matinée
a french phrase which here means, "to sleep in." today i may or may not have slept in until 11. i didn't intend to do that...i had plans to get up and be productive...but that didn't quite happen. oh well. "j'aime faire la grasse matinée."

7. jalyn and alec
today jalyn and alec made these cookies. i don't know what they're called but seriously i may or may not have eaten around 74 of them. they're chocolate with those christmas mint m&ms on top. yessss.

hello, beautiful cookies. i will eat you all.

8. laughter
i firmly believe that laughter is the best medicine. i did a lot of that tonight at the humor u performance. it was awesome! i don't understand how people get to be so funny, but it makes me happy!

well, goodnight world! until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment