Friday, April 6, 2012

a universe of concern

so i have this wednesday night class (foundations of education) from 6 to 8 that i dread. all. day. long. but then, once i get there, i remember why i love it so much.

dr mayes helps me to see just how much the savior loves us. he teaches us that the students we will be teaching one day are going to look up to us as examples and constants in their lives. he reminds us that we need to show them the same love that our savior shows us.

on wednesday, he said something that i absolutely loved. he said,

"everyone is a universe of concern for the savior."

fast forward to 11 am this morning. i'm sitting the the planetarium for a physical science assignment. i looove the planetarium. i've always been a big fan of the stars. i would rather be laying on my back, staring up at the nighttime sky than just about anything else. they twinkle and glitter. they remind me of my place in the world, and they give me perspective.

and it suddenly hit me. the universe is enormous. there are no words big enough to describe it. really. just think about it. you can't get to the end of the universe. it goes on forever.

in my own little self-centered world, i can't comprehend having that kind of love for someone. maybe it's because i haven't experienced it yet. or maybe it's because as imperfect humans we aren't capable of it yet.

but guess what. our savior is. he loves everyone that much. me. little ol' me, a small town girl who has dreams of traveling the world, teaching kids, raising a family. me, who makes mistakes and can't possibly be worthy of being a universe of concern.

but somehow, i am. the savior loves perfectly. he loves so much that his love for me would fill up an entire universe. and his love for you would fill up another universe. he loves you no matter who you are. there are no exceptions. you can't get to the end of his love. it goes on forever.

i don't think dr mayes realizes that what he said helped me to have this epiphany. but he said what i needed to hear at exactly the right time. and for that, i am grateful.

so take a minute. think about what christ did for you. what he did for me. and then think about why he did it. it'll change your life.

happy easter :)

"a universe of concern" by me. sorry the lighting is funky...


2 comments:

  1. Is this Dr. Cliff Mayes? If it is, tell him Kelly Benning says Hi and you will get an instant A. Or tell him that Jerry Garcia was the best musician ever and your cred will instantly increase. If it is not Cliff Mayes, then...I guess I can't help you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Cliff Mayes! How do you know him?? He's great! Haha and I'll definitely be doing some name dropping now... :)

      Delete