Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the start of summer

summer. it's great.

for me it started moving everything out of my apartment. there was a minor explosion, and it happened at about 3 am. photo included below. my plans changed suddenly when i was invited to bear lake with the christensen family, making it necessary for me to be moved out a day earlier than i was expecting. and so i pulled an (almost) all-nighter and got a full two hours of sleep. heather stayed up with me (mostly) and we packed and cleaned and cleaned and packed.

mike helped me pack all my stuff into karen's car and then i drove it to my aunt maryn's house. and then we went to bear lake. and we played with the nieces and nephew and we looked at the cabin being built and we planned the fire pit and back yard and we ate cheeseburgers and milkshakes and we played pool (and i stunk, surprise, surprise) and we played in bear lake for a second and we skipped rocks (and i skipped a rock, like for realsies and for the first time in the history of ever) and we ate pizza in midway and we knocked carved bears off of trees and we listened to good music and we laughed. and it was a great two days.

and then my family and i drove home to california. that was a long drive. a really long drive. but do you know what? my home smells like flowers. and there are bees that are humming in my front yard. and the wisteria on the back porch is in full bloom. and the entire valley is green. green, green, green. and sometimes driving around the valley just takes my breath away because i can't handle how amazing it is. truth.

i've also done some shopping for my mama, caught up on writing in my journal, spent time with my family, gone to the branch and the singles ward, and successfully purchased bridesmaid's dresses for miss cammie lou's wedding!! i've painted my nails, ate all kinds of california fruit (literally stuffed myself with raspberries, strawberries, and grapes), and i've caught up on once upon a time. i visited grandma coco and eaten from taylor's refreshers (which is now gott's roadside, but i refuse to call it that). and now i'm blogging.

it's been a good summer so far. and i'm excited to see what the bakery and the pool are gonna bring my way. i'm excited to hear about what steph, karen, and heather are doing in jerusalem. i'm excited to see what life throws at me! (hopefully a puppy? please mama? please?) happy summer, everyone! :)

oh my explosion. heather and i had a minor panic attack at this point.

karen had an entire trash bag full of boots. and i found it hilarious.

we stopped at arby's on our way to bear lake...steph and i have never understood this slogan. it's just too weird.

bear lake

one of the bears that aj didn't knock down

cammie mutz's bling bling

cammie and i decided that this is us, in about 50 years. we're going to live next door to each other.

napa valley lovinnnn

fresh california fruit. it's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment